Monday, February 13, 2012

Marriage

Marriage is such a wonderful thing.  For my Family Relations class I had to read a chapter about getting married.  I was reading some of it in the car as my husband and I were on our way to Idaho Falls.  There was one part I read talking about things that suffer in the first year of marriage. 
-approving and complimenting the partner
-making the partner laugh
-telling them "I love you"
-doing something nice for the partner
-showing physical affection
-discussing their feelings and problems
-talking over things that happened during the day
I brought these up to my husband and we had a wonderful talk about these points.  I was surprised how we were still doing well with some of those points, but the ones we were struggling with we talk about ways we could do better with them.  I love my husband and how well we can talk about things and figure out ways to make our marriage better. We are so blessed to have the opportunity to get married. I hope that everyone can have a happy marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment